- Horror Short, any work with a length shorter than 20 minutes
- Horror Long Short, any work with a length between 20 and 45 minutes
- Horror Feature, any work with a length longer than 45 minutes
- We recommend that non-English language films be subtitled in English.
- All entries must be complete.
There is no 'Film Made By' date in NFF. We will shown horror films from any year. Please feel free to submit your early work as well as your current.
You may submit more than one project.
Films entered may win multiple awards.
We welcome blood, pus and gore but we will not accept any project containing sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or ableism.
All films are eligible, even if your film is publicly available online, has screened at other film festivals or is currently being distributed. We do not restrict submissions except those areas listed above .
Filmmakers must provide online preview screeners. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival. Please do not ship DVD’s or other materials to our office unless requested.
PLEASE NOTE: We DO NOT pay screening fees. If any screening fee is requested by filmmaker(s), the associated film will be disqualified.
It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to clear all rights before your film screens at the festival. By Submitting your film(s) you acknowledge and agree:
1. Your film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation.
2. You are duly authorised to submit this film to the Nosferatu Film Festival.
3. You hold Nosferatu Film Festival, its owners, management, agents, sponsors, affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry.
4. You certify that you have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
5. You give permission for Nosferatu Film Festival to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes
6. You agree that all entry fees are non refundable.